The purpose of the AGTV Web site is to provide a common depository for videos that are produced through the Assemblies of God. Videos are organized in such topics as inspiration, news, leadership, discipleship, youth, children, missions and others.
AGTV is not exclusively for the national office. It is to showcase the video content of our entire Assemblies of God Fellowship. We want to provide a platform for the delivery of video content that our Assemblies of God churches, colleges, districts, missionaries and other affiliated ministries are producing.
With that in mind our Executive Leadership Team of The General Council of the Assemblies of God has approved the following guidelines to be used in determining the suitability and acceptance of any videos placed on AGTV.
Videos that meet the following conditions will be accepted for publication.
Video content that is posted to AGTV should be meaningful and helpful to the targeted audience. It should also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Fulfill one of the 4 missions of the Assemblies of God (Evangelism, Discipleship, Worship and Compassion)
- Contribute towards our Five Core Values
1.Passionately proclaim, at home and abroad, by word and deed Jesus as Savior, Baptizer in the Holy Spirit, Healer, and Soon Coming King.
2.Strategically invest in the next generation
3.Vigorously plant new churches
4.Skillfully resource our Fellowship
5.Fervently pray for God’s favor and help as we serve Him with pure hearts and noble purpose
- Apply to areas of expertise of the department and/or individuals
- Videos produced from our internal departments here at headquarters, must be within the charter of a department’s ministry. (For example, it would not be viewed as ethical for Men’s Ministries to set up and do video interviews of district youth directors; nor for the Youth Department to setup and do video interviews of district HonorBound directors.)
- Videos created and produced from our Assemblies of God churches, districts, missionaries and other affiliated ministries may consist of things such as sermons, devotionals, inspirational testimonies, teachings, funny videos, and promotions.
Videos that meet any of the following conditions may not be accepted for publication.
- The video features a theological position that would be considered by any reasonable standard to be inconsistent with the Assemblies of God’s Statement of Fundamental Truths or official position papers.
- The video features content that would be considered openly against biblical standards of morality and conduct, including but not limited to adultery, fornication, gossip, lying, stealing, murder, homosexuality, drunkenness, pornography, debauchery and other behaviors clearly not becoming to a person attempting to live a holy and godly life.
- The video speaks negatively against the positions and policies of The General Council of the Assemblies of God.
Videos may further be precluded from placement if in the view of AGTV administration, the information contained in the video is deemed to be:
- Inappropriate or offensive to a vast majority for the target audience
- Misleading, confusing, or untruthful
- Would potentially hurt in a viable or significant way, the ministry efforts of the General Council
- The video is sponsored or supported by individuals or organizations that express blatant and public opposition to biblical standards of morality and conduct.
- The video content is limited in its scope (i.e. promotion of local events)
All videos will be subject to the following additional considerations and procedures.
- All videos will be reviewed by AGTV staff and deemed acceptable based on not meeting any of the above restrictions, prior to placement on the Web site.
- If a specific video is deemed questionable by the AGTV staff, it will be the Digital Communications coordinator and director of Communications, who will determine whether or not the video in question may be accepted.
- If, subsequent to placement, a video is questioned regarding its appropriateness, the AGTV staff will be notified and will render a decision regarding whether or not the video can continue to be run without adjustment.
- AGTV reserves the right to refuse any video at any time.
- AGTV is not at fault for distortion, pixilation, or other flaws to videos that were submitted without meeting submission guidelines.
- The party submitting the video understands that there may be delays in uploading videos to AGTV.